Reserved ticket lost in between journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserved ticket lost in between journey

i am travelling from patna to secunderabad in ac 2 tier. But i have lost my reserved ticket during journey. Now please tell me what i have to do ?
    and action that railway person can take against me . Also tell me the amount payable by me to coach conductor in black and white. I have my reservation confirmed i know my pnr too and i have got my id proof with me. I am not travelling on tatkal ticket.

please tell me asap.

RE: Reserved ticket lost in between journey

Are you in train right now? Or you're going to travel but the ticket is lost?

Comment

RE: Reserved ticket lost in between journey

I assume you're in train. Here are the possible scenarios:
      • If yours is E-ticket and TTE has not verified your ticket but you've lost the ticket then as per rule you'll need to pay fine of only Rs. 50. But you can show the ticket proof on your mobile or computer and you'll be able to save your Rs. 50.
      • If yours is E-ticket and TTE has already verified your ticket but you've lost the ticket later, it is not at all an issue. But read the para at the bottom
      • If yours is I-ticket or PRS issued ticket and TTE has not verified your ticket but you've lost the ticket then as per rule you're considered ticket-less and you're liable to retain your seats with a fine of twice of your ticket costs. But TTE can look into your Id-proof and at his discretion consider you as bonafide case and allow you to travel without penalty.
      • If yours is I-ticket or PRS issued ticket and TTE has already verified your ticket but you've lost the ticket later then as per rule you're considered having ticket and you'll be allowed to travel without penalty. No more verification may be required.

After you lose your ticket, always try to get a proof of your loss of ticket by filing an FIR or any written proof from the TTE since in long journey TTE's can change, you may be scrutinized by flying squad. You may also be checked for a ticket when you get down the train and come out of Railway station.

I suggest you make an e-Ticket on with the help of anyone's computer as described here.

Comment

Working...
      X