Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel without any ID proof

Dear Sir/Madam,

Would like to place before the Hon'ble Authority about a grievance of a Student who has left his home to join a Religious Institution.
    The Grievance is a matter of Health. The Boy who is A Seminarian is Studying in the Seminary but due to health reason has to return back to his local community and as such has to travel by Train.
    The Boy has no identity proof and i understand that this is a Season time n any unfortunate events should happen.
    But Now the Problem is That the Boy has no proof. Wat is an alternative to that.
    Kindly Suggest me as soon as possible as the Boy is suffering from a vulnerable disease which treatment date is already fixed n the boy has already booked a ticket.

i would appreciate your kind attention to this matter as a personal interest.

Kindly Plz do the Needfull by suggesting me a method.

Thanking You,

Yours Truly,

Adv. S. Braganza

RE: Travel without any ID proof

If the boy travels without ID then he will not be penalized or seat taken away unlike Tatkal ticket or e-tickets. ID in normal PRS tickets(issued across the Railways counter) is only to prevent frauds and to identify in case of accidents.

Another way is to board the train without ticket and if any seat is there then take the ticket in the train only - in this case ID is NOT needed.

Note:
    • In case of E-tickets at least one person will need to carry id proof without which he/she will be considered without ticket for which, full ticket fare plus penalty of Rs. 250 will be charged but he/she will be able to keep the same berths.
    • Same applies in case for Tatkal tickets but Id card number appearing in the ticket will need to be carried.

Comment

Working...
    X