Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund rule for late running trains - query

Hi ,

I have booked a ticket in 3A compartment and journey date is on 26th oct . When i tried to track the details of the train i found that it has been coming late for 12 hours approximately . Will railways refund the passengers even if we travel in the 12 hours late train for the inconvenience we faced.
    This particular train is only getting very long delay on this route what is the reason and is there any chances for the train to come on time on my journey date. Help Pls .

Refund rule for late running trains

You're entitled for full refund if the train has been running late for more than 3 hours provided you surrender the ticket(File TDR online in case of E-ticket) before the actual departure of the train.

Here is the rule affective from 2013:
    3.7 Non-commencement or missing of journey due to late running of trains. -

a) No cancellation charge or clerk-age shall be levied and full fare shall be refunded to all passengers holding reserved, RAC and waitlisted tickets, if the journey is not undertaken due to late running of the train by more than three hours of the scheduled departure of the train from the station commencing the journey subject to condition that the ticket is surrendered upto the actual departure of the train instead of existing 3/6/12 hours for distance 200 kms/200-500 kms/500 Kms and above after the actual departure of the train

b) In case of e-tickets, the TDR is filed online before the actual departure of the train for availing full refund.

c) In case the ticket is cancelled or surrendered or if the request for refund of fare is filed online after the actual departure of the train, no refund of fare shall be admissible.

Comment

RE: Refund rule for late running trains - query

If i travel in the late train itself means will i get any refund or else will they provide any dormitory to stay during the late hours

Comment

RE: Refund rule for late running trains - query

Boarding late running train is same as boarding train running on time.

For late trains, no other facility will be provided.

Comment

Working...
        X