Refund on filing TDR when cancelling after chart preparation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund on filing TDR when cancelling after chart preparation

Hi, I had booked a ticket in Duronto from BBS to NDLS. The train was at 8:00 AM.
    When I tried to cancel the ticket in the previous night, it said "Ticket cannot be cancelled, as the chart has been prepared." and it was suggesting to file a TDR.
    I filed a TDR for refund. After 10-15 days, I got the half the amount of the ticket. Why is it so?? and where can I find the rule that it will deduct 50% money of the ticket??

Thank you in advance.

RE: Got 50% refund on filing TDR when cancelling after chart preparation

Here are official ticket refund rules.

So you should get 50% amount.

You're lucky that you've got the refund as Railways usually does not like to give refund for TDR's filed.

I want to quote the refund rule applicable for you:
    For cancellation of confirmed tickets less than four hours before the scheduled departure of the train and up to the prescribed time limits as mentioned earlier, after actual departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare paid by you, subject to flat cancellation charges for each class.

Comment

In my previous post i said that i tried to cancel the ticket in the previous night, but it was much prior to less than 4 hrs. I filled the TDR at around 12:30- 1AM. And why railway does not like to give TDR?? Then how passangers will cancel their ticket if chart is prepared prior to 4hrs. I have heard that the chart gets prepared before 4 hrs of the trains scheduled departure time. But in this case, the chart was prepared at around 12AM. How can it be possible?? Plz clarify

Comment

12:30 AM is at night or after train departure? Did you file it online from your account using this tdr filing procedure?

Chart is prepared from 0-4 hours before train departure. But for train departing till noon it'll be by 8pm on the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by Expert
          12:30 AM is at night or after train departure? Did you file it online from your account using this tdr filing procedure?

Chart is prepared from 0-4 hours before train departure. But for train departing till noon it'll be by 8pm on the day before.
          [hr]
          I tried to cancel the ticket at 12:30AM at night(i, e.: 00:30 hr) (which is prior to 4hrs of the trains departure time). Thats why i was shocked to know that the chart had already been prepared at that time, whereas the chart usually gets prepared 0-4 hr prior to the departure time of the train.

Comment

[s]Had you filed TDR online before 4 hours of departure of train you'd have got deducted only 25%.[/s]

Comment

I am repeatedly telling that I have filed TDR before 4hrs of the departure of the train. But still I got a deduction of 50%... The train was at 8AM morning. I tried to cancel the ticket at around 12:30AM at night (i.e, 00:30hr). When I saw the message you cannot cancel the ticket and the suggestion to file a TDR, I immediately filed the TDR.

As per my online TDR filing transaction, the details are as follows:

PNR Number: 6604777274
              Date Of Journey: 19/8/2012
              TDR Filing Date: 18-Aug-2012

Please help..

Comment

Sorry for misinformation. Refund in case of filing TDR's( upto 31 days after train departure) you'll always get 50%. This proportion is fixed.

Comment

RE: Refund on filing TDR when cancelling after chart preparation

Sir, you have mentioned that "Refund in case of filing TDR's( upto 31 days after train departure) you'll always get 50%". This might be.. I do not know.

But, I have already told that I had filed TDR before the train's departure date and it's not after train's departure.

In my previous reply also, you can check the details:

1. Date Of Journey: 19/8/2012, that is train's departure date.
                  2. TDR Filing Date: 18-Aug-2012, which is of course before train's departure date and not after.

Comment

I got an email regarding the refund of the amount. However, they told that 50% refund had been done and no further refund will be done. I just do not understand why and how. Where I should get 100% refund, they are providing me 50% refund and saying that we are done..How can it be?? They don not even follow their own rules. Not fair at all.

Comment

[attachment=5]
                      Here is the Railways circular which clearly says that you're eligible for 75% of refund. I've also sought expert opinion. You can quote this when communicating with Railways Babus.

You can also go ahead and file complaint in local consumer court since it is now a fit case for you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

thnk u so much..

Comment

What's your next step?

Comment

don't know exactly. I doubt filing a consumer case will be helpful or not.

Originally posted by Expert
                            What's your next step?

Comment

It isn't about money ... it is more of one's self respect ..

Comment

Working...
                              X