Carrying Liquor Allowed in Trains?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying Liquor Allowed in Trains?

If I have legally purchased some liquors from some place, can I carry it with me to my city by railways in my suit-case? I had recently bought 2 bottles from duty free shop while returning from USA. I was told at NZM station that liquor in any form was not allowed to be carried through railways. Please clarify the rules.

Thanks....Amiya

RE: Carrying Liquor Allowed in Trains?

Two bottles of sealed alcohol with bill are allowed to be carried in the train.

The bill is mandatory to be carried.

Secondly it should not pass from any dry state like Gujarat or Bihar. Otherwise local rules will start applying you as well.

If the seal is broken then Railways will take action against you.

Comment

Military personals are allowed to carry certain amount of liquor while traveling in Indian rail. So there must be some rules on this
      Also be careful when you secretly carry alcohol with you. I have seen guys fined up to 1000 for illegally carrying alcohol inside their bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Expert
        ट्रेन में शराब नहीं ले जा सकते क्योंकि वह ज्वलनशील पदार्थ है!
        Water is used along with many substances (including chemicals) to fight out fire and here you want the World to believe that 57.2% of water with 42.8% Alcohol is inflammable. That is indeed ridiculous when it comes from an expert. Going by this logic, there is no evidence to prove that IMFL is inflammable and cannot be carried in Public Transport. Excise Rules are there, which prohibits carriage due to non-payment of Excise Duty in a particular State. That is a different ball game altogether. A particular category of people are allowed while the others are NOT allowed is DISCRIMINATION and NOT tenable in law!

Comment

Would love to hear from Administrator. Would he like to counter what Mr Bose has just said ?

Comment

Working...
          X