Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDR on Trains running more than 3 hours late

Sir

With reference to the above, I wish to inform you that I had filed a TDR Ref No: ekt2013012​406826329 for PNR No: 2342041703 at 2:45am on 24th Jan, as the Train was delayed by more than 3 hours. The scheduled time was 11:45pm on 23rd Jan and the train left at 06:30am on 24th Jan (nearly 7 hours late).

Hence I filed a TDR and I find that I have been refunded Rs 1070.00, whereas ticket charge was Rs 2265.00.

The rules say:

"No cancellation charge or clerkage shall be levied and full fare shall be refundable to all passengers holding Reserved, RAC, and Waitlisted tickets, if the journey is not undertaken due to late running of the train by more than 3 hours of the scheduled departure of the train from the journey commencing station provided that the ticket is surrendered upto the maximum time limits prescribed in clause (c) of sub-rule (1) of rule 6 .Which is given below:

Full refund will be permitted even after the departure of train in the event of train running more than 3 hours late and that the time limits will be up to 3 hours if the distance of the ticket is up to 200Kms., up to 6 hours if the distance of the ticket is 201-500 Kms. and up to 12 hours after the departure of the train if the distance of the ticket is more than 500 Kms."

Under the circumstances full fare refund has to be given to me and this has not been done.

RE: TDR on Trains running more than 3 hours late

There are a million people like you whose money is held up illegally by Indian Railways. Just go to consumer court, you'll get full money for sure.

This happens due to lazy and bureaucratic work style of govt staff. If they have been negligent in marking the delay, in return they (illegally) deprive the claims based on this lack of info and courts will very easily see it and grant full refund.

Do you want any help in filing complaint in consumer court?

Comment

Yes, please... I would like to know how to file in the consumer court. I also want that the person who is responsible to make the wrong entry should be punished.
      I would appreciate all the help I can get.
      Thank you.
      S Nagi

Comment

There are 18 lac Railway employees and similar number of retired pensioners. All are same.

Filing in consumer court is simple. Here is sample simple procedure to file in consumer court of Delhi.

Comment

Working...
        X