traveling in sitting train with general ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traveling in sitting train with general ticket

I had boarded taj express which is a sitting train with no sleeper coach, normally in reservation coach tte comes and let us have reservation with 15 rupees charge.
    I had boarded in general coach with proper general ticket, it was full and the train started i headed to next coach d12 ,i were on phone call and saw a tte checking tickets, almost all seats were vacant, he asked me to produce the ticket Abbas i did so.
    He immediately ordered the police men with him to get me deboard me of the train coz of no reservation ticket, i asked him to let me have reservation, he denied me, i asked for the tte whom i had not found coz it was only five minutes i had boarded, and i asked him for the penalty provision if any but he arrogantly deboarded me of the train and i missed the train, i were penalised with 500 rupees and two hours of megistrate procedure.
    Kindly let me know whether i were the guilty of such level
    Remember it is the case of taj express ,the whole sitting train.
    Thanks

RE: traveling in sitting train with general ticket

Only if seats are available then only TTE will give you seat charging you only fare difference. Otherwise you're unauthorized intruder and same as entering without a ticket.

In your case these are correct:
    • Denied you seat( as seats may not be available)
    • Called RPF police
    • Deboarding
    • Penalty of Rs. 500
    • Magistrate procedure

Comment

RE: traveling in sitting train with general ticket

Originally posted by Expert
      Only if seats are available then only TTE will give you seat charging you only fare difference. Otherwise you're unauthorized intruder and same as entering without a ticket.

In your case these are correct:
      • Denied you seat( as seats may not be available)
      • Called RPF police
      • Deboarding
      • Penalty of Rs. 500
      • Magistrate procedure
      Please read entire question carefully before answering.
      1. As per problem statement there were empty seats in D12. Still he was charged fine.
      2. How a person can come to know that reserved compartment has empty seats without going in reserved compartment. And if person person goes in reserved compartment with general ticket to see if there are any empty seats available or not, then TTE can fine him if there are no empty seats.
      Don't know why you guys can't have simple and uniform rule structure for every train.

Comment

Working...
      X