Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my friend share a confirmed berth with me if she has only a Counter Ticket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my friend share a confirmed berth with me if she has only a Counter Ticket?

Hi All,

I have a confirmed Yeshwanthpur - Howrah 3 Tier AC ticket on 29th September, 2014. My lady love was as usual delayed in ticket booking and her bad luck even seems to be bad for tatkal tickets even with agents.

My query is:
    If she gets an RAC/Waitlist or even just a general chair care or any damn legal ticket of that train(except Platform ticket ), will she be able to travel with me till Howrah?

I am ready to pay a fine, but would that be official? I have "consulted" TTE's in the past and my gut feeling tells me that I might have to pay Bribes to at least 5 TTEs.

Is there a way to handle this smoothly? We really need to go visit our family & celebrate Durga Puja'2014. Any leads, suggestions or info would be heartily appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Aryaratna

P.S: You may also simply poll your opinion, if you feel I won't be able to do this without a hiccup.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

RE: Can my friend share a confirmed berth with me if she has only a Counter Ticket?

Hi,

1. If she have a RAC ticket, then she can travel as RAC is partial confirm and she will get half seat in the train.
    2. If she got Waiting list then Waiting list ticket in AC (either it is purchased from counter or from IRCTC) is as good as no ticket. So the passenger can't travel.
    3. Every train has rules and regulation, according to rules if TT want then he/she can allow the person to travel even they can give seat also. But if you doesn't have ticket then they can tell you to go to General.
    4. I would suggest don't go for bribe as TT will changed from different stations.

Hope this will give your answer.

Comment

RE: Can my friend share a confirmed berth with me if she has only a Counter Ticket?

Originally posted by Crahul
      Hi,

1. If she have a RAC ticket, then she can travel as RAC is partial confirm and she will get half seat in the train.
      2. If she got Waiting list then Waiting list ticket in AC (either it is purchased from counter or from IRCTC) is as good as no ticket. So the passenger can't travel.
      3. Every train has rules and regulation, according to rules if TT want then he/she can allow the person to travel even they can give seat also. But if you doesn't have ticket then they can tell you to go to General.
      4. I would suggest don't go for bribe as TT will changed from different stations.

Hope this will give your answer.
      I know this is not right time for your answer....

According to railway travelling rules waitlisted passenger not allow in AC and Slpeer class , only sympathy ground TTE allow waitlisted passengers in coach..... aand ur other qutions answer already given by Crahul

Comment

Working...
      X