Refund for Cancelled train

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund for Cancelled train

I have booked one ticket from BMT to BBS (station code) in tatkal service but due to cyclone in Orissa the train has been cancelled partially and not going to BBS (my destination station). As such I have returned back from BMT station after knowing the train is partially cancelled and not going to BBS station and send the mail for refund to etickets@irctc.co.in and they have filled TDR on my behalf for refund. After that I had not received any mail or reply then I started to follow up but they have denied me my refund stating no refund will be made over Tatkal confirmed ticket.

As the train is cancelled so they should refund me my amount, it is irrelevant whether it is tatkal ticket or general ticket.

Please help me to get my refund, I will be very grateful to you.

Travelling date 13th Oct.2013
    Station: BEGAMPET(BMT) to BHUBANESWAR(BBS)
    PNR No.: 8717395128
    Train no.: 11019
    Scheme: Tatkal

RE: Refund for Cancelled train

It is wrong on the part of Indian Railways to not to refund for untraveled journey just because yours is Tatkal ticket?

You're a consumer and have full right to claim refund for services not provided. Tatkal or not will not matter.

I suggest you take it up Railways authorities just like done by one person here: http://forum.indiaconsumercomplaints.com/Thread-Refund-of-the-TDR-amount-reg-RESOLVED#.UrqHg_QW2fE

Comment

Working...
    X