Change in the spelling of name in railway ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in the spelling of name in railway ticket

I want to change the wrong spelling of my name in the railway ticket. What is the proper process. I require the change in name as official documentation would be required. Kindly let me know. thanks

RE: change in the spelling of name in railway ticket

There is no provision of change in spelling. Spelling mistakes are no problem. It should not be name change.

Comment

RE: change in the spelling of name in railway ticket

Originally posted by Expert
      There is no provision of change in spelling. Spelling mistakes are no problem. It should not be name change.
      The problem is my surname got changed from Sinha to Saha. Since my family will be traveling on ltc in that case it would be difficult to get the claim from my company. Secondly it will be difficult to establish my identity to the tt. So kindly help
      [hr]
      The problem is my surname got changed from Sinha to Saha. Since my family will be traveling on ltc in that case it would be difficult to get the claim from my company. Secondly it will be difficult to establish my identity to the tt. So kindly help

Comment

RE: Change in the spelling of name in railway ticket

For e-ticket Id card of any traveling person can be used for verification. Traveling with ID card for all persons is needed but it is not compulsory as per Railway rule. Even if you don't carry ID card, your ticket is still valid very much.

Let your father or mother show their ID card. That's all is required.

Read below if you're traveling alone:

There is least problem in this. Try showing your ID normally( behave normally). In 60% of cases they don't check the ID proof. Be seated until the TTE comes.

Even if you're caught , request in decent way - it will be considered if age matches.

Don't worry .. most of them check the first name only.

Comment

For e-ticket Id card of any traveling person can be used for verification. Traveling with ID card for all persons is needed but it is not compulsory as per Railway rule. Even if you don't carry ID card, your ticket is still valid very much.

Let your father or mother show their ID card. That's all is required.

Read below if you're traveling alone:

There is least problem in this. Try showing your ID normally( behave normally). In 60% of cases they don't check the ID proof. Be seated until the TTE comes.

Even if you're caught , request in decent way - it will be considered if age matches.

Don't worry .. most of them check the first name only.
          Hi!

It's nice to know that TTE is so cooperative!!!

Is it still like the above in 2014?

I've booked e-Ticket for nephew's name combining my surname by mistake...mistakenly. It's my regret. Mailed to care@irctc and no response as yet by them except a vague acknowledgement and a case no.

What do you think?

Just to clarify: A change is required to “RAJAT MOHAPATRA” from existing “RAJAT MISHRA” for existing eTicket

Any ideas please?
          :s:shy:

Comment

In the worst case little bribe to TTE will do. Indian TTE's are most corrupt(they come next to Indian Police).

Comment

I think their is issues with name, but you must carry your ID proof with you.

Comment

Working...
              X