Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

ticket booking: confirmed 1 and waitlisted others

02-11-2013, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 07:05 PM by Expert.)
ticket booking: confirmed 1 and waitlisted others
sir, I booked one ticket for 4 passengers in one go. the ticket for the first passenger is confirmed and other 3 passengers are waitlisted 11, 12, 13. how can this be possible. I think the rest of the passengers should be given in RAC 1, 2, 3 if not WL 1, 2 and 3. how is that it happened with 11, 12, 13. will any one to clarify the position pls

thanks

psr murthy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: ticket booking
It must be booking software issue. Software bugs are always there no matter what you do.

What has happened is rare. I guess that somebody may have cancelled a ticket and before it could move other wait listed seats up 1 seat your request would have come -- it booked one seat available and the rest were queued to the end of other wait listed.
03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: ticket booking
(02-11-2013 07:04 PM)Expert Wrote:  It must be booking software issue. Software bugs are always there no matter what you do.

What has happened is rare. I guess that somebody may have cancelled a ticket and before it could move other wait listed seats up 1 seat your request would have come -- it booked one seat available and the rest were queued to the end of other wait listed.

thanks for reply. due to confusion, i had cancelled all the tickets. it was unimaginable for me and hence the cancellation. any how i am grateful for the promt reply and for future guidance.

thanks once again