Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of name in E-ticket From female name to male name

Hi ,

I booked some tickets for our office tour from chennai to kottayam for 35 members in IRCTC website. Now a person is not coming for the tour instead of her we planned to take some others so is it possible to change the name in the to and fro tickets . When i browsed in google i got some suggestions as we to give a written request letter to change the name in the ticket . If we write the letter what should be the To address and what should be the content . As journey date is on 24th october i need quick replies.

RE: Change of name in E-ticket From female name to male name

You should have done group booking because 35 seats could be scattered anywhere in the train.

Here is the change of ticket rules:

CRS(Chief Reservation Supervisor) can change the name of a booked seat under these rules:
    • For a NCC group of cadets
    • In case of marriage party
    • To one's blood relative including husband/wife
    • To a person who is a government servant and who needs to travel when
      on duty

Which class are you travelling? Is it sleeper? or AC?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply , we planned to book in bulk booking only but as the tickets are getting booked fast so that only we booked it likewise. Chennai to kottayam is in sleeper and the return journey is in 3AC . For this corporate booking our HR can write a letter is that ok or the person who is not coming to the tour should write a letter who should write the letter to CRS . And will they charge any extra money for this name change ?

Comment

Dear sir
        Whear i was change the name i book SL class there are 6 person who travel with this eticket but one of them cannot come .sir please help me for this reason and also tell me whear i was change the through ticket counter or with my IRCTC id

thank you

Comment

For change of name you need to visit IRCTC PRS counter

Comment

thank you

Comment

Working...
            X