Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdr filed for rac ticket, refund amount showing 0 rupees

Hi All,
    I had a rac ticket in kacheguda express on 12th july from bangalore. i did not travel in it as it was rac status after the chart preparation.
    I had filed tdr online after 3.10 hrs.
    now the status shows as tdr entered and the refund amount is 0.:@
    Can anybody throw light on this for if i will get the refund or not,and how much time it may take?:exclamation:
    plz let me know if more details are required.
    thanks in advance.

RE: tdr filed for rac ticket, refund amount showing 0 rupees

Railways is right. As per new refund rules effective from 1st July 2013, changed after some 15 years - you're allowed to cancel Waitlisted/RAC till 3 hours after the departure of the train.

Here is the newly worded refund rule:

If a Waitlisted/RAC ticket is presented for cancellation, refund of fare shall be admissible after deducting the clerkage.

(i) The ticket is presented for cancellation upto three hours after the actual departure of the train irrespective of the distance.

(ii) The passenger may get the tickets cancelled from any PRS counters or the designated current counters.

(iii) No refund of fare shall be granted on RAC ticket /Waitlisted ticket after three hours of the actual departure of the train.

But if it is night train leaving after 9-6 pm, you can cancel till 10 am next day

Comment

Working...
    X