Procedure to transport bicycle in train

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure to transport bicycle in train

I would like to know whether i can transport my bicycle in train(the one that we pedal and not the one that runs on petrol or electricity) from Kerala to Banglore ? If yes what is procedures ?

RE: Transporting bicycle

It will have to be carried in break van after booking it in the luggage counter if you're traveling in the same train. Your ticket is required for booking it. There will be three forms, one will be given to you as receipt(Bilty), another goes to accounts and third one goes along with your cycle in the break van. Your Bility

After booking your cycle at the luggage counter, it'll be their responsibility to load and automatically unload it at the destination station. At the destination station luggage counter, you'll need to present you Bitly(the cycle booking slip) that'll allow you to claim your cycle. Also if space is not there in your train, it will be dispatched by another train. After it reaches the destination store, after specified hours(6 I think) you be charged "warfage" penalty for late collection.

You can dismantle and get your cycle parts packed then you can carry along with you in your compartment. Get it joined at the destination station.

There is another Parcel way you can send your cycle, and it takes it's own time to reach and will cost less that the above method. But no ticket is required for booking. Also late collection charge "warfage" is there after many day of arrival of your luggage etc in Railways store.

Comment

RE: Procedure to transport bicycle in train

can we carry cycle in local trains whats the processure

Comment

Working...
      X