Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

postpone of journey in e ticket

20-05-2013, 06:24 PM
postpone of journey in e ticket
sir,
can i postpone my date of journey in irctc e-ticket just like normal reservation rule from 30 jun 2013 to 13 jul 13.what is the procedure
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 12:18 PM by Expert.)
RE: postpone of journey in e ticket
Please read here Railways rule to postpone the journey. Let me know if you need any more clarification.

EDIT: Please see final answer at the bottom
21-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Sir,
i want to ask can i Postpone my E-ticket of irctc booked or not.
i know the rule of normal ticket counter reservation postpone procedure which you has quoted.
pls tell me the procedure for Postpone my E-ticket of irctc booked.
22-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Yes it applies for E-ticket also. Go to booking counter and meet CRS (Chief reservation supervisor). Take along your e-ticket + id proof.
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
(22-05-2013 10:29 AM)Expert Wrote:  Yes it applies for E-ticket also. Go to booking counter and meet CRS (Chief reservation supervisor). Take along your e-ticket + id proof.

sir,
i went to CRS at Sabarmati, Ahmedabad reservation counter but the CRS told that it is not possible on E-tickets and shown me the computer reply displaying 'this functionality is not possible in e-tickets ".
kindly suggest me.
12-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm very sorry for the miscommunication. Preponement or Postponement of confirmed tickets is allowed only for PRS(paper) tickets and not E-Tickets. There is another condition that there must be seats available on the desired day.